Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’, proudly brought to you by Kuali and Tesco, our trusted partner.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Check out this week’s meal plan, the ‘Soup-er Delicious‘ series:
ABC Soup– serve soup on your dinner table as easy as this ABC soup!
Tom Yam Soup – Tom Yam soup is one of Malaysian’s favorite soup that helps to stimulate appetite in this hot weather.
Stir-fried Mixed Vegetables – make a complete meal with this stir-fried mixed vegetable!
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
- For ABC Soup
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into large chunks
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 litres water
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorn
- salt to taste
- For Tom Yam Soup
- 8 Prawns (shelled, but shells to keep for boiling the stock)
- cod fish (chunks)
- golden mushrooms
- 1 can of straw mushrooms
- 2 lemongrass (cut into lengths of approx 6cm, bruised)
- lengkuas (approx 3 inches, cut into 5 "chunks")
- lime leaves (10 leaves, torn)
- 3 chilli padi, broken
- 3 coriander roots (keep the leaves for garnish)
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 limes, for juice
- 1-2 cubes of maggi stock (i use tom yam or chicken)
- fish sauce (1/3 cup)
- For Stir-fried Mixed Vegetables
- 1 pcs cauliflower, sliced (medium-sized)
- 1 pcs carrots, sliced
- 1 handful snow peas
- 1 handful oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 pcs garlic, chopped
- 3 pcs 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- Clean chicken of all innards and feather stubs. Wash vegetables and cut them all to about the same size.
- Place all ingredients into a pot and fill with cold water until it just covers all the chicken and vegetables. Add whole peppercorns and about 1 teaspoon salt.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 3 hours, or in a pressure cooker for 1 hour.
- When ready, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- Boil the prawn shells in water for approx 15 min.
- Add all (A) ingredients into the stock and boil. Add stock cube, salt and fish sauce to taste.
- Simmer over low heat for 40 min.
- Add mushrooms, prawns and fish to soup, 5 min before serving.
- Add lime juice to taste.
- Heat up oil in a cooking pan and saute garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Fry carrots and cauliflower for two minutes. Add half a cup of water and let boil to co cook the carrots and cauliflower evenly.
- Once carrots are half-cooked ( around 5 minutes) add snow peas, mushrooms, and salt to taste.
- Stir-fry until evenly cooked. Remove from heat and serve.