Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! In this ‘Tamarind 3 Ways’ series, this sweet and tangy tamarind glaze will spruce up your chicken dish!
Save this recipe to refer to later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco | Lotus’s.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- 2nos whole chicken thigh
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 25g tamarind paste
- 70g hot water
- 50g honey
- 2nos garlic (minced)
- 1/4tsp salt
- Marinate the chicken thigh with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper for at least 1 hr.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the tamarind paste and hot water. Strain and discard the seeds.
- Add in honey, garlic and salt into the tamarind mixture. Mix till well combined and set aside.
- Heat up 2Tbsp of oil and pan fry the chicken thigh for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Once slightly browned, glaze both sides with a brush and let them continue cooking on the pan for another 4-5 minutes, Cover the lid to ensure the chicken cooks through.
- Remove lid and continue glazing till the tamarind mixture is finished. Continue cooking it further till the glaze is reduced and thick.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!