In this ‘Tamarind 3 Ways’ series, this sweet and tangy tamarind glaze will spruce up your chicken dish!
- 2nos whole chicken thigh
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 25g tamarind paste
- 70g hot water
- 50g honey
- 2nos garlic (minced)
- 1/4tsp salt
- Marinate the chicken thigh with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper for at least 1 hr.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the tamarind paste and hot water. Strain and discard the seeds.
- Add in honey, garlic and salt into the tamarind mixture. Mix till well combined and set aside.
- Heat up 2Tbsp of oil and pan fry the chicken thigh for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Once slightly browned, glaze both sides with a brush and let them continue cooking on the pan for another 4-5 minutes, Cover the lid to ensure the chicken cooks through.
- Remove lid and continue glazing till the tamarind mixture is finished. Continue cooking it further till the glaze is reduced and thick.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!