- 500g lamb shoulder (with bone)
- 3 pairs of chicken feet
- 200g chicken, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 120g matured ginger, thickly sliced
- 10 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked
- 50g yok chuk
- 4 cloves garlic, keep whole with skin
- 12 seeded red dates
- 1½ tbsp kei chi
- 2.5 litres hot water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp sugar or to taste
- Trim fat from lamb pieces, then chop into sizeable pieces. Scald lamb in boiling water for 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil and fry ginger until aromatic. Add the rest of the ingredients and pour in hot water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1½-2 hours or until meat is tender. Adjust with seasoning to taste before serving.