- 100g gluten balls (min kan cheong)
- 15 dried mushrooms
- 6 slices tong kwai
- 3 tbsp kei chee
- 12 black dates
- 20g tong sum
- 9 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp monosodium glutamate
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- Pit black dates. Soak gluten balls and mushrooms until soft.
- Boil water in a pot. Pour in ingredients(a). Cook for two hours on a low flame.
- Add gluten balls, mushrooms and seasoning ingredients. Cook for another 45 minutes. When ready to serve, add 1 tbsp oil.
- This soup can be used as a master stock and served with noodles. If you use the pressure cooker, you need only 30 minutes. You can also buy vegetarian master stock from speciality shops.