- 200g lotus roots, sliced
- 200g arrowroot, cubed
- 100g peanuts, soaked for 3-4 hours
- 30 pieces dried Chinese mushrooms stalks, soaked
- 20 red dates
- 5 honey dates
- 5 dried figs
- 2.5-3 litres water
- 1-2 tsp salt or to taste
- A dash of monosodium glutamate or to taste
- 1 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- Bring water to a boil, then add all the ingredients.
- Allow to come to a rolling boil again. Reduce the heat then cover the pot slightly and simmer for 2-2½ hours.
- Adjust with seasoning then dish out and serve.