Recently the European Union and the CNIEL organised a cheese-tasting event called A European Cheese Extravaganza, which is part of the the Cream of Europe Campaign, at The Orchid Room, Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur. This canape recipe is courtesy of The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur.
This recipe is best with
- 7 slices white sandwich bread (with crusts removed)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter (melted)
- 300g frozen medium shrimp (cooked, peeled, tails removed and rinsed)
- Fresh cilantro leaves to garnish
- Cocktail Sauce
- ½ Brie cheese
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tbsp horseradish (prepared)
- 2 tsp tomato-based chili sauce
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread to 1/8 inch (3mm) thickness and cut into four squares. Brush a mini muffin tin with half of the butter.
- Press a square of bread into each muffin well and brush with remaining butter. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for about six minutes until golden and let them cool on a rack.
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise, cilantro, horseradish, chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Fill each toast cup with ½ tsp of the sauce, top with shrimp and garnish with cilantro.