The addition of truffles in this recipe elevates the flavor in of the soup. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Truffle espuma
- 50ml cream
- 5g truffles, chopped; mixed with palm oil
- 50ml palm oil
- 40g onions, diced
- 20g celery, diced
- 50g potato, diced
- 80g brown shimeji mushrooms, chopped
- 40g white shimeji mushrooms, chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 30g chanterelle mushrooms, sliced
- 30g king oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 750ml water
- Roasted chestnuts
- chestnuts, roasted; sliced
- Combine the espuma ingredients in a siphon and charge with the nitrogen charger. Chill till needed.
- Heat the palm oil in a large pot and sauté the onions and celery till fragrant. Add the potato and cook till softened, then add all the mushrooms and cook till soft and the mushrooms release some liquid. Add the water, season to taste and turn the heat down to simmer the mixture till reduced to 2/3.
- Blend with a stick blender, then transfer to a soup plate.
- Squeeze a little espuma into the middle of the soup just before serving. Top with slices of roasted chestnut.