- 250g dried mushrooms stalks
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 550ml water
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- ½ - ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp vegetarian stock granules
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Rinse mushroom stalks well and soak until tender. Remove, rinse again and drain well. Use a chopper to smash the mushroom stalks until soft and flat, then cut or shred the stalks finely.
- Heat sesame oil and sauté ginger until fragrant, then add mushroom stalks. Stir until aromatic. Adjust with seasoning to taste.
- Pour in water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add thickening and splash in 1 tablespoon Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine to taste.