- 30ml olive oil
- 4 large pips garlic
- 4 slices sandwich loaf (trim crusts and cut into round pieces)
- 15g paprika
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 quail eggs (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the bread in oil until golden and set aside.
- Add paprika to the pan and fry for a few seconds. Stir in chicken stock, cumin and turmeric powder. Crush the browned garlic and add the garlic to the spiced stock. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about five minutes.
- Ladle the soup into four ovenproof bowls. Put a slice of fried bread onto the soup and break a quail egg on it. Place the bowls in the oven for about three to four minutes until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve at once.