- 1 duck (2.2kg)
- 20g danggui
- 20g cinnamon stick
- 20g star anise
- 20g dried ginger slices
- 10g pandan leaves
- 300g rock sugar
- 600g coarse salt
- 5kg water
- Clean the duck and blanch it in hot water for two minutes. Remove the duck from the hot water and set aside.
- Put the Chinese herbs together with pandan leaves, rock sugar, coarse salt and water into a pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for at least another 45 minutes.
- Then hang the duck in the stock, submerging it for about 45 minutes.
- When the duck is cooked, remove it from the pot and cut into thin slices about 40mm in width.
- Serve the duck with minced red chillies and garlic mixed with vinegar.