Here is the recipe for spicy hot prawns to give an extra oomph to your palate.
- 350g whole tiger prawns, still in their shells
- ½tsp salt
- ¼tsp pepper
- 2tbsp oil
- ½tsp sesame oil
- 1tsp ginger, chopped
- 1tsp shallots, chopped
- 1tsp garlic, chopped
- 3 dried chillies
- 3 bird’s eye chillies, chopped
- ½ onion, cut into wedges
- Sauce (combined):
- 1tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 2tbsp chilli sauce
- 100ml chicken stock
- Wash prawns and make a light slash on the back of the prawns. Remove the black entrails.
- Rinse and drain the prawns well, then marinate with salt and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok to fry the prawns briefly, until they turn a bright red colour. Dish out and set aside.
- In a clean wok, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the sesame oil.
- Fry the ginger, shallots, garlic, dried chillies and bird’s eye chillies until fragrant.
- Pour in the combined sauce ingredients and bring to boil.
- Add the prawns and onion.
- Stir-fry briskly before dishing out to serve.