- In a bowl, mix the minced meat, corn flour and half of the chopped olive with the seasonings.
- Stir in one direction so that the mixture will not get watery. Place mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Line the bottom of a steaming bowl with the remaining chopped olives, followed by the minced meat.
- Fill the bowl with the cooked rice and steam on high heat for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and allow rice to remain in the steamer for 5 minutes.
- Unmould onto a plate and serve.
- Note: LEE WENG ENG is a Teochew and owner-chef of the New Formosa Restaurant. Trained in Taiwan and Hong Kong, he specialises in Teochew, Sichuan and Taiwanese cuisine.
You may also like