- Wash and pat dry the mutton.
- Mix half of the Chinese rice wine with half teaspoon salt, two tablespoons light soy sauce, two teaspoons sesame oil and pepper, and marinate the meat with it for half an hour to an hour.
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a wok and fry the sliced ginger and garlic.
- Add the mutton and fry until the meat is dry.
- Transfer everything into a pot, and add enough water to cover the mutton. You can add more water if you want more soup.
- Add the black fungus, dang gui, red dates and the remaining half of the Chinese rice wine and bring to a boil.
- Scoop away the fat that surfaces.
- Stew the mutton for 45 minutes over a slow fire.
- Add in the fu zhok 15 minutes before serving.
You may also like