- 100g French beans, cut 4cm lengths
- 75g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 50g asparagus, cut 4cm lengths
- 50g tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 50g carrots, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 3 shallots, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75g grated coconut, mixed with 100ml water and squeezed out for santan
- Mix into paste with 1 tsp water:
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Heat oil in a wok and fry mustard seeds and curry leaves for one to two minutes; keep stirring until seeds pop up. Add shallots and garlic and fry till soft.
- Stir in chilli and turmeric paste and add tomatoes. Fry till heated through. Add santan and bring to a boil. Stir in all the vegetables.
- Cook for four to five minutes or till vegetables are cooked but still crisp. Add salt and simmer for one to two minutes. Serve immediately.