- 150g Hong Kong kai lan
- 5 or 6 small dried mushrooms–soak till soft
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- For the sauce, combine:
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar, or to taste
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp corn flour
- Boil half a pot of water. Add 1/4 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cooking oil and pinch of bicarbonate of soda. Blanch kai lan for 30 seconds, drain and place on a serving plate.
- Heat oil in a wok and saute garlic till fragrant and golden brown. Dish up garlic and remove half the oil. Add sesame oil and cooking wine. Stir in combined sauce ingredients and mushrooms. Bring to a quick boil.
- Pour sauce over vegetables, arrange mushrooms and sprinkle with garlic crisps.