- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons dried prawns (the type with the shells still on)
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 400g fresh mixed mushrooms (such as oyster, abalone, shiitake, shimeji)
- 2-3 sprigs parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons mirin or rice wine
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add dried prawns and stir-fry until crisp. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same oil, fry the shallots until lightly browned; add the garlic and mushrooms and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute. Turn off heat and add the herbs and dressing ingredients. Stir to mix well and season to taste with salt and freshly ground peppercorns. Serve topped with the dried prawns.