These delicious Suji Cornflake Cookies will be a hit among kids and adults alike. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- 200g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1 egg, small
- 200g plain flour, sifted with 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 125g semolina flour
- 65g cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter, sugar, essence and salt until creamy. Add in egg and continue to cream until fluffy.
- Add in sifted dry ingredients and semolina. Mix into a dough.
- Pinch small pieces of dough and roll each into a ball. Toss in crushed cornflakes and arrange the pieces on a prepared baking tray. Flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until cookies are golden.
- Cool completely on wire rack before storing.