Sweet potato balls is the perfect afternoon snack yet easy to prepare!
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes
- 200g glutinous rice flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp custard powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Remove sweet potato peels, cut them into smaller pieces and steam them for 15 mins or until you can poke thru with a chopstick
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher and combine it with glutinous rice flour, custard powder and sugar.
- Slowly add in water to form a smooth dough that is soft in texture but not sticky.
- Divide dough into small, equal portions and roll into balls. Dip in water and coat with sesame seeds.
- Deep-fry sweet potato balls till golden brown. Dish out and drain well before serving.