- 30g soaked black fungus, shredded
- 50g soaked dried bamboo pith (chook shun), ends trimmed
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and shredded
- 2 stalks baby bok choy, cut into half
- 1.5 litres water
- 2 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Dash of pepper
- Adequate salt to taste
- Scald mushrooms, black fungus and bamboo pith in boiling water, then dish out and drain well.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok and sauté ginger until fragrant. Pour in water and add concentrated chicken stock. Bring to the boil.
- Add mushrooms, bamboo pith, black fungus and baby bok choy. Adjust with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a quick simmering boil.
- Dish out and serve the soup hot immediately.