Ingredients is not available.
- Coat wet bean curd with seasoning ingredients A. Leave aside for 30 minutes. Lightly rub sesame oil over the marinated bean curd.
- Unfold four pieces of wet bean curd and arrange them one on top of the other on a nori sheet. Wrap up tightly in a flat spring roll-style and trim the edges neatly.
- Place on a bean curd sheet and wrap up into a flat spring roll shape. Trim edges to make it look neat, if necessary. Repeat procedure with the other set of beancurd sheets. (You should get two pieces of mock fish fillet.)
- Put the mock fish fillets on a lightly greased plate and steam over rapidly boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and leave aside to cool completely.
- Prick the steamed fillet with a satay stick all over (this will allow air bubbles to escape when it is being deep fried).
- Brush fillet with egg white, then dust with tapioca flour and deep fry in hot oil until golden and crispy. Dish out, drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Slice evenly and arrange on a serving plate.
- Bring the combined sauce ingredients to a gentle boil. Add pounded cilipadi, kaffir lime leaves and carrots. Pour sauce over fish and garnish before serving.