- 100g lotus root, skinned and cut into thick strips
- 25g yuk chuk, rinsed and soaked
- 10 red dates
- 5g dong gwai
- 2 pieces dried beancurd sticks, soaked till soft and cut into 4cm pieces
- 10g ginger, shredded
- 15g dried lily buds, knotted, rinsed and soaked
- 2 litres water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp vegetarian seasoning powder
- 1/8 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Combine ingredients (A) and water in a deep saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add ingredients (B) and boil for 5-6 minutes. Season to taste. Dish out and serve the soup hot.