- Using a detachable flan based tin, line the flan tin with the short crust pastry.
- Place the butter in a pan and fry the onions and garlic till brown. Pour on to the base of the pastry.
- Cover the onions with the cooked spinach.
- Place the tomato rings over the spinach.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the tomatoes.
- In a separate basin, mix the milk with the eggs, seasoning and mixed herbs.
- Pour this mixture over the ingredients but not allowing it to spill over the side of the pastry.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 mins or till brown.
- Remove the flan from the flan tin and serve.
- Quiches can be served hot or chilled.
You may also like