This recipe is best with
- 1 large eggplant (peeled and sliced into four rounds)
- 4-8 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge the eggplant rounds with flour. Pan-fry in butter until golden both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Reheat pan. Place one slice of the eggplant in the pan. Break two eggs on top.
- Cover. Let eggs set well.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Remove from pan. Serve with toast.
- NB: Use two eggs per slice of eggplant per person. You can substitute tomato slices for eggplant.