- 100g watercress, leaves and stalks trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100g cauliflowers, cut into florets
- 100g ladies fingers, stripped into quarters lengthwise
- 40g rice flour
- 140g chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Adequate salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 10-12 tbsp water or just enough
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine batter ingredients until smooth. Heat oil in a wok over medium fire. Dip vegetables into the batter until they are well coated.
- Fry the vegetables in batches until they turn golden and crispy. Dish out and drain well on absorbent paper. Serve them while still hot.