- Drain the wheat and combine with water and 4 knotted screwpine leaves in a deep saucepot. Bring to a boil and cook until wheat grains turn soft and have expanded.
- Place palm sugar, granulated sugar, the remaining 2 screwpine leaves and thin coconut milk in a saucepan, then bring to a boil to dissolve the sugars.
- Strain the syrup and discard the screwpine leaves and pour syrup into the wheat porridge pot. Bring to a simmering boil for a while. Thicken with flour paste, stirring continuously until thick.
- Combine thick coconut milk with salt and leave aside.
- Scoop wheat porridge into serving bowls and add a little thick coconut milk for added taste.
You may also like