Time to vote for your favourites in this category of The Star People’s Food Awards.
From now until Aug 31, you can vote up to three of your favourite banana leaf meal eateries via Metro Online Broadcast. Click the Top 10 tab and vote.
In the Top 10 list, the eateries are:
1. Restaurant Bindi’s in Subang Jaya
2. Kanna Curry House in Section 17, Petaling Jaya
3. Yap Kee Coffee Shop in Klang
4. Sri Suria Curry House in Kelana Jaya
5. Sri Nirwana Maju in Bangsar
6. Restaurant Sukha Authentic Banana Leaf Cuisine in Bandar Sri Damansara
7. Sri Ganapathi Mess in Old Town Petaling Jaya
8. Restoran Devi’s Corner in Bangsar
9. Sri Paandi Restaurant in Section 11, Petaling Jaya
10. Prasad’s Chetty Naadu Mess in Leboh Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.
A total of 22 recommendations were submitted under the Best Banana Leaf Meal category.
The other nominees for people’s favourite banana leaf meal (in no particular order) are Krishna Curry House in Petaling Jaya, Rathaa Curry House in Puchong, Acha Curry House in Petaling Garden, Chettinad Palace USJ in Subang Jaya, Annapurnam Chetinad Restaurant in Bangsar, Ravi’s Banana Leaf in Solaris Mont Kiara, Vishal Food & Catering in Brickfields, Curry Leaf Restaurant in Petaling Jaya, Asoka Restaurant in Klang, Archana Curry House in Klang, Anjappar Indian Chettinad Restaurant in Ampang and Garam Masala Restaurant in Brickfields.
Aug 10 was the last day to submit nominations and to stand a chance to win hotel stays and dining vouchers at top-rated hotels.
The nomination period was the first 10 days of the month.
Once nominations are submitted, there is an “endorse” button to vouch for other choices that you may like.
The Top 10 is then decided by the public, via nomination and endorsement.
Public online voting starts on the 15th to midnight of the last day of each month.
How do you vote for your favourite eatery? Log in to the “awards” page using your Facebook account. Click on “Open for Voting” and vote for any three stalls for a particular street food.
Each month, the public can vote in their favourite category-based street food, such as banana leaf meal (August), satay (September), asam laksa (October) and nasi lemak (November).