These pancakes are a healthy way to start the day. If you have fussy eaters in your home, don’t fret. The oats in these pancakes are so well-blended, you can’t even tell it’s there!
For more family fun, make the pancakes in fun shapes – maybe in the shape of your child’s favourite cartoon character.
- 375 ml full cream milk
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 45 g instant oats
- 3 tbsp ground almond
- 1 egg (A size)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking soda
- unsalted butter (at room temperature, for frying)
- vanilla yoghurt
- fresh fruit of your choice (mango, banana, strawberries or golden kiwifruit)
- Place full cream milk, self-raising flour, instant oats, ground almond, egg, vegetable oil and baking soda into the blender and blend till smooth.
- Melt ½ tsp unsalted butter on a non-stick pan.
- Pour pancake batter and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with topping of vanilla yoghurt and fresh sliced assorted fruits.