COWSLIP flowers are fragrantly aromatic and have been traditionally included in omelettes and soups. The Coconut and Cowslip Creepers recipe will focus on the natural flavours of the flowers combined with coconut and pandan juice. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine
- Summer Garden Omelette.
- Flower Custard.
- Japanese Jelly with Coconut Cream.
- Salmon and Tuberose in Galangal Soup.
- Red Snapper Steak with Paneang Sauce and Hibiscus Salad.
- Lobster, Banana and Torch Ginger Flower.
- Nasi Kerabu with Flower Salad.
- Butterfly Pea Flower and Lemongrass Cooler
- Lotus Tea.
- Torch Ginger Flower Sorbet.
- Ixora and Strawberry Ice Cream.
- 2 cups cowslip creeper flowers
- 2 cups pandan juice
- 1/2 cup white coconut (grated)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup black and white sesame seeds (roasted)
- Soak the flowers in the pandan juice for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Toss flowers together with the grated coconut and rice flour, mixing well.
- Steam over moderate heat for 15 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and season with salt and sugar.
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds.