THIS amazing dish combines the luxurious lobster with local flavours from the banana and torch ginger flower. Expect an explosion of flavours with each bite of this dish. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- Summer Garden Omelette.
- Flower Custard.
- Japanese Jelly with Coconut Cream.
- Salmon and Tuberose in Galangal Soup.
- Red Snapper Steak with Paneang Sauce and Hibiscus Salad.
- Nasi Kerabu with Flower Salad.
- Butterfly Pea Flower and Lemongrass Cooler
- Lotus Tea.
- Coconut and Cowslip Creepers.
- Torch Ginger Flower Sorbet.
- Ixora and Strawberry Ice Cream.
- 250 g lobster (shelled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup banana blossom (shredded, use young petals)
- 1/4 cup torch ginger flower (shredded)
- 1 tbsp sawtooth coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp roasted chilli paste (recipe can be found from red snapper steak)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp bird eye chilli(chopped)
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- mint leaves to garnish
- 1/4 cup lemongrass (finely sliced)
- Soak the shredded banana blossom in water with a squeeze of lime juice for 10 minutes, then drain. Grill the lobster until cooked, then cut into cubes.
- In a bowl, stir together lime juice, roasted chilli paste, fish sauce, chilli and palm sugar, mixing well.
- Add the lobster, shredded banana blossom, torch ginger flower, lemongrass, and sawtooth coriander leaves, and toss together, mixing well. Garnish with mint leaves.