This recipe is best with
- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 160ml low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 80ml single cream (These can be used as an accompaniment to the crepes or a filling, if so preferred)
- 4 slices chicken or turkey ham, sliced
- A few slices low-fat cheese
- Some lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Some cherry tomatoes
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and gradually add the egg and milk, salt, oil and cream. Beat till the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Transfer mixture to a jug and leave aside, covered with a piece of cling-film wrap for 5 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan and pour in about 2-3 tablespoons batter. Swirl evenly over the base of the pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until the underside is golden.
- Turn the crepe over and cook. Dish crepe out onto a plate and cover with a clean tea-towel. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- To serve, place slices of ham and cheese, and the vegetables on one half of the crepe and fold. Serve immediately.