Egg Salad Fancy Schmancy is a fancy way to start your day!
- 6 eggs
- A small handful fresh dill (chopped (plus more for serving))
- 1tbsp capers (chopped)
- 2tbsp heaping mayonnaise
- sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- 12 slices baguette (toasted)
- 120g smoked salmon (sliced into small pieces)
- Put the eggs in a saucepan, cover with water by 5cm, and put on the stove over medium-high heat. When the water boils, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and put on the timer for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour off the hot water, then put the pot in the sink and let cold water run over the eggs until they’re cool enough to peel.
- Grate the eggs and put them in a bowl. Add the dill, capers, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, spoon some of the egg salad on your tiny toasts, top with a piece of salmon and sprinkle a bit more dill on top.