This Homemade Cured Salmon with Sour Cream recipe and photo were provided by Mission Foods.
This recipe is best with
- For the salmon:
- 500g salmon (fresh)
- 2.5cups cold water
- 1/2cup sea salt
- 1/3cup sugar
- For the naan:
- naan (plain)
- butter (melted)
- cream cheese
- chives (finely sliced)
- Remove skin and grey tissue from the salmon flesh. Cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Combine water, salt and sugar and whisk until dissolved and water turns clear again to create brine.
- Soak salmon slices into brine for 3 minutes. Flip the slices once at 1 ½ minute mark. Remove salmon slices and drain excess water. Place flat on plate and cover with cling wrap. Leave in fridge overnight.
- Cut up naan into rectangular strips. Ensure the strips are slightly wider and longer than salmon slices.
- Brush with butter and grill shortly for markings.
- Smear naan with thin layer of cream cheese.
- Place salmon slice on top of cream cheese.
- Garnish with chives. Serve.
For the salmon:
For the naan: