These Makmur Date Cookies contains a sweet surprise when bitten into. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
This recipe is best with
- Cookie dough
- 500 g flour
- 75 g icing sugar
- 100 g butter (melted)
- 250g dates (pitted)
- 10 g crystallised ginger (finely chopped)
- 2tbsp water
- a pinch of fine salt
- additional icing sugar for decoration
- Sift flour and sugar into a bowl.
- Slowly mix in the butter till it becomes a crumbly dough.
- Set aside.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend to a paste.
- Tear a small amount of dough, form a ball and flatten it.
- Place a teaspoon of filling in the centre then gently enclose the filling in the dough.
- Make decorative patterns using tart pincers or a putu kacang mould.
- Bake in a 170°C pre-heated oven for about 15-20 minutes till lightly brown.
- Remove from tray then roll the cookies in the additional icing sugar.
- Leave to cool before keeping them in an airtight container.
To make dough:
To make filling:
To bake cookies: