- 30 fresh oysters (small ones), obtainable in wet markets or supermarkets
- 110g sweet potato flour
- 250ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 4 tbsp oil
- Ground ingredients (well combined):
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp chilli paste
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder (ketumbar powder)
- A dash of pepper
- Soak oysters in water. Mix sweet potato flour, salt and water into a thin runny batter and leave aside. Heat oil in a non-stick wok or pan.
- Scoop out two ladles of batter onto the wok. Give a quick stir and crack in the eggs one at a time. Stir quickly, then push cooked batter to the side of the wok.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the wok; add ground ingredients and saute well. Add in oysters. Cook for a minute and combine the egg and sweet potato flour batter together with the oysters.
- Add pepper and sprinkle with chopped spring onions and chives. Give it a stir, then dish out and serve with chilli garlic sauce.