- 500g french beans, diced
- 2 medium onions diced
- 1 tbsp ginger, diced
- Spice Mix
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp fennel
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dried chillies, broken into pieces
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 cup fine grated coconut
- salt to taste
- Heat oil and fry the spices, onion, ginger, dry chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry the onions till slightly golden brown and add the diced beans to it.
- Coat the beans evenly with the spices and add salt.
- Lower the heat and add the grated coconut, stirring continously. This is to prevent the coconut from burnibg and sticking to the pan.
- Remove from heat when beans are cooked. Serve hot.