Learn this treasured Banana Pudding recipe from home cook, Zainon Johari.
For the full interview with Zainon, visit this page.
- 1 comb banana (pisang raja or pisang mas), cut on the diagonal
- 1 tin evaporated milk
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling on banana
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cashew nuts, fried
- 1/2 cup prunes, steamed
- Fry bananas until caramelised and put in a casserole dish, then sprinkle granulated sugar over it and cover.
- Repeat with all the bananas.
- Heat evaporated milk and add vanilla essence; heat for awhile but do not let mixture boil.
- Pour milk over bananas in casserole. Spread cashew nuts and prunes on top.
1 thought on “Banana Pudding”