This Cherry Jubilee recipe is courtesy of Northwest Cherries.
- 2 cans of black cherries in syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- 2 tbsp cognac (optional)
- Drain the cherries, reserving 250ml of the syrup.
- In a saucepan, put the 250ml syrup together with the cinnamon, sugar and arrowroot.
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Add the cherries into the syrup and cook gently for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the cherries into serving goblets and serve warm.
- For those who enjoy alcohol, warm the cognac in a saucepan. Gently pour over the cherries and ignite.
- Serve as soon as the flames have died down.