- 100g sago (delima) or coloured pearl sago (biji mutiara)
- 50g mung bean (hoen kwe) flour
- 500cc coconut milk from one coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- banana leaves or plastic sheets for wrapping
- Cook sago until done and transparent. Rinse and drain.
- Dilute mung bean flour with part of coconut milk and set aside.
- Boil remaining coconut milk with salt. Then add flour mixture and stir. Add sugar and vanilla, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add sago, stir well and remove.
- Wrap 2 tbsp dough in banana leaf or plastic sheets. Roll and fold both sides to the centre. Leave to cool.