- 100g ginkgo nuts, shelled and membranes removed
- 20g white fungus, soaked
- 1 tbsp sweet almonds
- 1 tbsp bitter almonds
- 100g rock sugar
- 750ml water
- 1 old coconut (cut the upper part and keep as a lid)
- Remove hard tissues from soaked white fungus and cut into small pieces. Parboil in hot water, then rinse and drain. Parboil ginkgo nuts, then drain.
- Combine rock sugar and water and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves.
- Put all the ingredients in the old coconut. Cover with the cut-out lid and steam for about one and a half to two hours. Serve warm.