- 75g palm sugar (gula melaka)
- 75g castor sugar
- 150ml water
- 1 pandan leaf, knotted
- 250ml coconut milk (from 1/2 a grated coconut)
- 2 tsp agar-agar powder
- 2 tsp instant jelly
- A few drops chocolate colouring
- 1 tbsp UHT milk
- Combine gula melaka, sugar, pandan leaf and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil until the sugars have dissolved completely. Strain the syrup. Add in coconut milk, agar-agar powder, instant jelly and chocolate colouring. Stir well to mix and cook over a medium flame until mixture comes to a boil. Add in milk and stir to cool slightly.
- Assemble the mooncake as you would for the durian and red dates mooncakes.