Stir up teacakes for a midday tea, or anytime treat. Here is a recipe for traditional teacakes. It’s pretty easy to make and is extremely gratifying.
This recipe is best with
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Take a medium bowl and mix the butter and sugar until it becomes fluffy and creamy. Add one egg at a time and mix it well to continue the fluffiness. Add vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt and stir into the batter while adding milk. Add some more milk if the batter is too stiff.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round pan and spread the batter that you have prepared, evenly into the pan.
- Keep the pan in the preheated oven and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes. Once done, insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready. Let it cool and out the cake in the serving pan or plate. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and the delicious tea cake is ready to be served.