Nuts and seeds symbolically stand for fertility while dried fruit denotes sweet prospects.
Combined together with the nian gao pieces, these auspicious ingredients that make up the Zhu Poh Nin Koh recipe resemble precious gems that adorn the sweet cake.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 50g salted pumpkin seeds, chopped coursely
- 50g Dried Cranberries, chopped coursely
- 12 slices nian gao
- 1tbsp oil
- Brush a non-stick pan with oil and pan-fry sliced nian gao over low heat. Once softened, remove immediately from pan.
- Coat each nian gao slice with chopped pumpkin seeds and cranberries to serve.
- Interested in cooking? Download Kuali app to get recipes at your fingertips.
1 thought on “Zhu Poh Nin Koh (Nian Gao with Pumpkin Seeds and Cranberries)”
Very delicious dishes, would love you try some out fof Chinese new year☺