Bubs starting to enjoy food more often so we started introducing pumpkin into the mix! Pumpkins, like squash are slightly sweet and easy to eat. Decided to roast it to get some caramelization of the natural sugars so bubs get a little kick out of it. On phytochemicals, it fits the bill on having a nice orangey colour – beta carotene – which the body will turn into Vitamin A.
- 1/3 pumpkin - cut into slices
- adequate breastmilk or drinking water or formula, for blending
- Cut out 1/3 of a pumpkin or 2 slices of about 3 inches thick each.
- Place onto roasting pan and roast for 30 mins, or until pumpkin is soft. Poke it with a fork to test.
- After removing from oven, use a spoon to easily scoop out the flesh and place into blender.
- Add adequate breastmilk, or water to blend.
- Remove and place into ice trays.
- Serve and enjoy with bubs!