- 150g fresh corn kernels
- 150g cabbage, shredded
- 100g carrot, cut into desired shapes
- 100g soft beancurd, cubed
- For the stock
- 10 red dates
- 200g yam beans, chopped
- 20 dried Chinese mushroom stalks, soaked
- 1 cup big head beansprouts (tai tou nga)
- 2 litres water
- Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Combine all stock ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the soup stock and return the soup to the stock pot. Bring to the boil again.
- Add carrot and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add corn kernels, cabbage and beancurd. Stir and bring to the boil for a minute or two.
- Adjust with seasoning then dish out and serve.