This recipe is best with
- 300g high protein flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 65g soft brown sugar
- 5g instant yeast
- 160-165ml fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp coffee paste
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 20g butter
- 80g dried cranberries
- Place sifted flour and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add sugar, yeast and butter. Beat for 5 minutes. Add combined coffee milk mixture and continue to beat for a further 10 minutes until dough is soft and elastic.
- Place dough in a large oiled bowl. Cover and leave in a warm place for an hour or until the dough has doubled in bulk.
- Punch down the dough and knead on a lightly floured board. Add the cranberries and roll up the dough. Shape into a loaf. Place into a loaf pan and leave aside to rise again for 20 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190 degrees Celcius for 25-30 minutes. Remove onto a rack to cool.