This recipe is best with
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 450g tapioca flour
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 200g grated parmesan cheese
- In a big wok or casserole, bring water, milk, oil and salt to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add tapioca flour. Mix well with a wooden spoon and let it cool down.
- Put the mix in a mixer. Add the eggs and use the dough hook to knead the mix.
- Add the grated cheese bit by bit and keep kneading. Coarsely grated cheese will show up in the baked bread.
- For a smoother result, use finely grated cheese.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and put aside some oil to grease your hands as the mix is very sticky.
- Heat the oven to about 180 degrees Celsius.
- Use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to scoop up the dough. Roll into small balls and place on the lined baking tray.
- Bake the rolls in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. If baking two trays together, remember to switch levels halfway through for even browning.
- Serve warm. If you have leftovers, make sure to cool down the bread completely before storing in a container. Warm bread will sweat in the container and deflate.