- 300g grated tapioca
- 1 tsp salt
- 50ml coconut milk
- 100ml evaporated milk
- 100g castor sugar
- 100g sago, soaked overnight
- A drop of yellow food colouring
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut, seasoned with 1/4 tsp salt
- Squeeze out the bitter juice from the grated tapioca.
- Mix tapioca, sugar, evaporated milk, salt and coconut milk in a mixing bowl.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add sago. Stir till sago turns transparent. Dish out and rinse under running tap water. Drain and combine with tapioca mixture. Add yellow food colouring. Mix evenly.
- Transfer mixture into a lightly greased square pan. Steam for 35 minutes until the kuih is cooked through. Remove from steamer and leave aside to cool completely.
- Cut into pieces. Sprinkle some grated coconut over and serve at once.