This recipe is best with
- 150g bread flour (high-protein flour)
- 1/2 egg
- 1/4 tsp yeast
- 80ml milk
- 350g bread flour (high-protein flour)
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 100g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp bread improver
- 1 1/2 egg
- 75ml fresh orange juice
- 135ml UHT milk
- 75g butter
- 125g mixed fruits
- Put (A) and (B) in a mixing bowl and use a dough hook and mix on low speed for three minutes until ingredients are combined.
- Then turn on medium speed and knead for 6 minutes until it is well blended into adough. Combine (C) into the mixing bowl and add in (D).
- Beat on slow speed for two minutes and continue at medium speed for five minutes. Blend in (E) on slow speed for one minute, medium speed for four minutes and turn on high speed for just one minute until a smooth dough is formed.
- Add in the mixed fruits at medium speed for one minute.
- Put dough in a big mixing bowl to prove for 90 minutes. Scale the dough into small equal pieces of 50g each. Roll them round with the palm of your hands. Leave to prove for 10 minutes.
- Form into balls and put them into greased and floured madeline cups. Leave to prove for 30-40 minutes. When the dough has risen up to 90 per cent full, brush lightly with milk.
- Bake at 180ºC for 10 minutes, lower temperature to 170ºC and bake for 20 minutes or till golden.