This recipe is best with
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 125g crusty bread (e.g. baguette), thickly sliced, crust removed
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 185g skimmed-milk mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Rub half clove of garlic on all sides of the bread and cut into cubes.
- Place cubes on a non-stick baking sheet and bake 7 minutes, or until crisp.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cheese, parsley, capers and baked bread cubes.
- In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid or small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, anchovies, salt and pepper.
- Cover and shake well or blend with a wire whisk until emulsified. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- Note: Calories per serving: 63