In the Philippines, this fruit dessert is usually served out of a young green coconut shell.
All sorts of fruit can go into the medley: mango, banana, kiwi fruit, dragon fruit, etc.
The combination of condensed milk and cream gives it a taste like melted vanilla ice-cream.
This recipe is best with
- 3 young whole coconuts (water removed, flesh scraped)
- 1big can fruit cocktail (drained)
- 1can pineapple cubes (drained)
- 1cup Nata de Coco (drained)
- 1cup mabong (palm/attap seeds)
- 3 apples, peeled and cubed
- 1/2cup jackfruit,(diced)
- 1cup condensed milk
- 1cup whipping cream
- Cut the young coconut flesh into strips.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the fruit salad ingredients, including the coconut.
- Stir together the condensed milk and whipped cream, and add this to the fruit salad. Mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Serve cold as a dessert.